Over the years, one of the most frequently asked question’s we get from parents is: “What techniques can I use to support my baby’s brain development?” We have listed 6 key methods to help you to ensure that your child’s brain grows well, giving them the healthy start needed to reach their full potential.
- Responsive parenting; helps to increase oxytocin level that is very important for baby’s brain development as oxytocin directly increases neurons firing across the synapse to promote positive growth!
- Close and loving relationships! Make sure you are cuddling, talking and making lots of eye contact with your baby. A baby that grows up in a loving and nurturing environment has the best chance to grow into a well-adjusted adult who will contribute positively to society.
- Keeping baby in the same room and do not leave your baby to cry for long periods.
- Having skin to skin contact after birth plays an important part on brain development
- Remember breastfeeding isn’t just about food, it offers comfort and protection that optimises brain development
- Bottle feeders should hold the baby close, encourage rooting, never force a ‘full’ feed and limit feeds to parents.
At Pregma, we believe in achieving the best possible pregnancy and birth for you possible. We have a fantastic team of healthcare professionals who are ready to help and expertly guide you through your pregnancy. Please contact our team at… for more information.